Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Rest is a four-letter word

Yes, I absolutely mean that in the pejorative sense.

Since my interview last week for a job that I have an honest chance at landing, I have been on the edge of my seat: checking emails with annoying regularity (how many times can you hit the refresh link before it won't work anymore?) and convincing myself that there's no way in the world they would hire me just so I won't be so let down when they don't hire me or be absolutely amazed when they do.

When this edgy-ness is added to my regular inability to rest this means I nearly fall asleep in front of the computer screen at 8:30p.m. while trying to write more cover letters for more jobs I won't know about for months.

I'd like to know today, one way or the other, but I doubt I will. I may even have to go through a second interview.

But fear not, I will keep the blog-o-sphere posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment