Sunday, January 16, 2011

Scared of the Scale

It's been a long, long time since I weighed myself.

No particular reason behind it, other than I've been scared of the scale. Before we moved to our current apartment back in July I was, I thought, pretty svelte. I was able to run at least a mile at a time, sometimes two. I considered running a 5K (which is really only about 3.5 miles, but it sounds neat). Then I got lazy.

The excuses were many: too tired, too busy around the house (painting, cleaning, etc.), and the big one, hunting for a job. Looking for a job is like a job in and of itself. You spend a good two hours searching for jobs. Then you have to look at the job description and figure out what in your educational or employment background fits. Then writing a letter that sounds intelligible. Then tailoring the CV to match the job. It takes another four hours for that.

And then, came the holidays. You're supposed to gain a few pounds over the holidays, right? Sure, not a big deal. New Years Resolution will take care of those pounds, lickety-split. Nope. Yes, it's only the 16th of January, but that's 16 days of still eating badly and being lazy.

No more! Tomorrow, January 17th, is New Year's Resolution Redux. Work out 2x a day. More water. No more bored or emotional eating. No trips to the grocery store mid-week because bread sounds good with dinner.

There will be food. It will be good and it will be healthy. There will be healthy portions of the healthy food. There may be desserts, but they will be fewer and far between. Chocolate milk with skim milk will be my chocoholic fix.

I say to you friends out there in the Blogosphere: Happy New Year Redux and let the resolutions re-begin!

And, Happy Birthday to the brave, faithful, tolerant, and heroic Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment